This is a repost from my other blog - I am just too tired today to write another one. Was up last night from 2 to 3 with contractions that were pretty steady, but then stopped. And, apparently didn't do anything to help get the baby moving along. Boo.
So, this little booger inside of me is presenting posterior, just like Ben did. Head down, but sunny side up, so the head gets a little stuck which causes it not to be able to push firmly on the cervix, thus, not being able to really make me dilate. So, I have to try some different exercises to see if we can turn the head around.
However, if that doesn’t work, Mike and I did meet the OB/GYN who will perform the c-section. Dr. Raymond McDermott. He is very very nice, so it’s comforting that he won’t be an unfamiliar face in the operating room. And, the best part is that he let us push the c-section back a day to Saturday, so Mike won’t have to take Friday off of work. So, we have an extra day to get the baby in position and get out.
Although, like my midwife said today, and I have to keep reminding myself of this, “The birth is just the beginning of the journey, it does not define ourselves as being good mothers or fathers. It’s just the place we start from.” So true, and once again -reminds me why I love these midwives.
Domain Name Pending
-
As I write this, I am about done with Blogger. You've been good to me for
about 4 years, but I'm moving.
I've purchased my own domain name and will be sett...
No comments:
Post a Comment