"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning."
- Louise L'Amour

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stupid Acupuncturist

I have gotten really good about not thinking about "signs". Not signs like stop signs or flashing neon signs, but pregnancy signs. Sore boobs, nausea, lack of energy, etc. I have come to terms with the fact that these signs are the same signs you get with PMS. So, unlike the first time when we were TTCing with our son, this time I am not obsessing over these signs. That is, until last night.

I have told very few people, but I have been going to an acupuncturist for about two months. I started in the middle of our last failed IUI cycle. I go to this terrific place called, The Nest. Cute, right? It specializes in fertility issues (along with other issues related to women and even does pediatric stuff - although, I can't imagine my two year old sitting still enough to have a bunch of needles in him or even for acupressure, but, I digress...) Anyway, last night, my acupuncturist was checking my pulse. And, she kept asking me - "do you have any breast tenderness?". After inappropriately grabbing my chest, I answered, "no." Don't ask me why I grabbed the girls, out of habit, I guess. So, she sticks the needles in me, leaves, and then returns. Rechecks my pulse. Again asks about breast tenderness. This time I refrain from feeling myself up, and once again answered, "no". Then, she asks me if I had any symptoms last time I was pregnant. I said I had very little signs when pregnant with our son, and when I was pregnant with the ectopic, I craved cured meats. Now, I should let you know when we first sat down last night, we were chit-chatting about our weeks, and I told her I ate the most disgusting hot dog at the conservatory yesterday. Going on and on about how gross it was, but how desperate I was to eat a hot dog. So, the appointment ended and because she knows of my obsession with taking pregnancy tests, she told me before I left, not to pee on a stick.

Didn't think anything of this entire appointment, with the exception of how relaxed I am when I leave The Nest. However, the appt did creep into my mind while grocery shopping. And, then while getting ready for bed. And, then all this morning. The stupid acupuncturist got me thinking about those damn pregnancy signs. Why was she asking if my breasts were tender? Are they and I just can't tell? Why did I want that hot dog so bad? Why have I been so tired this week? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will not let these signs take over me. I will not. My period is due in a week. This is all normal PMS stuff. I will not read into the acupuncturist's questions. These damn signs will not take over my life. Again.

1 comment:

  1. I know its hard not to pay attention to pg symptoms, and I know it's easy to tell you not to pay attention too. But what can we do? we are women, with hormones. I wish you didnt have to go through any of this, but there must be a reason why.
    I cant wait to hear good news, Im sure I will!

    ReplyDelete